Chief - IKC Bernese mountain dog
This is Chief, our purebred Bernese Mountain Dog. Chief has been part of our family from he was 10 weeks old. Chief is IKC registered and is fully vaccinated as well as having his hips and elbows health checked.
Chief loves his raw food diet which keeps him in peak physical condition. Chief loves his trips to the lake as he enjoys swimming and meeting new people. Our gentle giant is both loving and affectionate, he is great with other dogs and children. Our handsome, healthy strong pet's temperament and coat markings perfectly personify the breed standards. Travelling is also no problem.
For additional information please feel free to get in touch.
Tips for contacting breeders
- Keep communication through our messaging system for as long as possible.
- Choose carefully what information you share about yourself.
- Ask for recent health check certificate from their vet, this should check for known issues with the breed & have details of vaccinations. The AKC has a comprehensive list of their health testing requirements per breed.
- Ask breeders about the vet who has taken care of the dog and contact the vet directly.
- Ask breeders to provide their ID (driver's licence / passport) and take note of their contact details.
- If you are new to breeding, please, please, read this article about breeding dogs.
- Stud dogs listed need to be 12 months or older. While bigger breeds may mature faster, often health complications don't show until later.
- Report suspicious activity to your local Garda Station & / or the Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine.
- Use our contract template www.dogs.ie/contract or another as a basis for a written contract.