George the West Highland Terrier, IKC registered for stud
Our boy George the West Highland Terrier is now available for stud after producing a number of high quality litters of pedigree west highland puppies to our own little lady and others. He is IKC registered.
George is a friendly little man who has a great temperament around people and as well around other dogs.
All matings so far have been done naturally with George but AI is an option if we are given some notice to arrange the service for you.
We do prefer if your little lady is at the perfect stage for mating to save yourself a second trip, so get in touch at the earliest stage that you notice her coming into season and we can help you to monitor her and to advice when is the right time for mating.
Do not hesitate to call for more info and updated photos of George after his next groom will soon be made available.
Thank you 🐶
Tips for contacting breeders
- Keep communication through our messaging system for as long as possible.
- Choose carefully what information you share about yourself.
- Ask for recent health check certificate from their vet, this should check for known issues with the breed & have details of vaccinations. The AKC has a comprehensive list of their health testing requirements per breed.
- Ask breeders about the vet who has taken care of the dog and contact the vet directly.
- Ask breeders to provide their ID (driver's licence / passport) and take note of their contact details.
- If you are new to breeding, please, please, read this article about breeding dogs.
- Stud dogs listed need to be 12 months or older. While bigger breeds may mature faster, often health complications don't show until later.
- Report suspicious activity to your local Garda Station & / or the Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine.
- Use our contract template www.dogs.ie/contract or another as a basis for a written contract.