Dan the Bernese Mountain Dog for stud
Dan is our family dog who we have had since he was 2 and a half months old. He is a purebred IKC registered Bernese Mountain Dog, is fully vaccinated and gets regular check ups with the vet. He has lovely tri-colour markings. He is very affectionate and loving and has a great temperament. He is great with children and other animals and is well socialised. We have a fully fenced secure area at our house if you wish to bring your bitch to Dan, or we are also willing to travel to you.
Tips for contacting breeders
- Keep communication through our messaging system for as long as possible.
- Choose carefully what information you share about yourself.
- Ask for recent health check certificate from their vet, this should check for known issues with the breed & have details of vaccinations. The AKC has a comprehensive list of their health testing requirements per breed.
- Ask breeders about the vet who has taken care of the dog and contact the vet directly.
- Ask breeders to provide their ID (driver's licence / passport) and take note of their contact details.
- If you are new to breeding, please, please, read this article about breeding dogs.
- Stud dogs listed need to be 12 months or older. While bigger breeds may mature faster, often health complications don't show until later.
- Report suspicious activity to your local Garda Station & / or the Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine.
- Use our contract template www.dogs.ie/contract or another as a basis for a written contract.