Gentle giant Ozzy the Newfoundland, IKC registered
Meet Ozzy, my gentle, playful Newfoundland, he is just over 3 years now, and I am looking to stud him.
North Leitrim/South Donegal/North Sligo area.
The last picture is of Ozzy as a pup. He is fully IKC registered with all vaccinations up to date. I have facilities where a dog can be kept for studding purposes
Tips for contacting breeders
- Keep communication through our messaging system for as long as possible.
- Choose carefully what information you share about yourself.
- Ask for recent health check certificate from their vet, this should check for known issues with the breed & have details of vaccinations. The AKC has a comprehensive list of their health testing requirements per breed.
- Ask breeders about the vet who has taken care of the dog and contact the vet directly.
- Ask breeders to provide their ID (driver's licence / passport) and take note of their contact details.
- If you are new to breeding, please, please, read this article about breeding dogs.
- Stud dogs listed need to be 12 months or older. While bigger breeds may mature faster, often health complications don't show until later.
- Report suspicious activity to your local Garda Station & / or the Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine.
- Use our contract template www.dogs.ie/contract or another as a basis for a written contract.