To Stud - Rolo the IKC black and tan Dachshund
To Stud -
Also included are photo's of his first litter - 5 healthy puppies, mother and pups all doing very well.
Meet Rolo, our extremely handsome and energetic IKC registered short haired Dachshund. Both Rolo's father and grandfather are IKC award winning show dogs and you can tell from his structure, coat and temperament that he comes from champion bloodlines.
Not to mention his ginormous adorable ears and muscular posterior.
Rolo responds to his surroundings, and matches the energy in the room. He is as happy to lie side by side on the couch and watch Nat Geo., as he is to fly around and do the laps of the garden, chasing his ball, birds etc.
Rolo is famous around our area, everyone knows and loves him and his active, friendly temperament. He loves the attention and loves making new friends - be it human or otherwise. Rolo is passionate about any form of heat and is currently enjoying the sunny spells we have been having.
Photos are a mix of when we first got him until now.
Rolo has had all of his shots and vaccinations and is looked after by our local Vet.
Rolo is IKC certified, I'm just working through getting the info. setup on the IKC website
Tips for contacting breeders
- Keep communication through our messaging system for as long as possible.
- Choose carefully what information you share about yourself.
- Ask for recent health check certificate from their vet, this should check for known issues with the breed & have details of vaccinations. The AKC has a comprehensive list of their health testing requirements per breed.
- Ask breeders about the vet who has taken care of the dog and contact the vet directly.
- Ask breeders to provide their ID (driver's licence / passport) and take note of their contact details.
- If you are new to breeding, please, please, read this article about breeding dogs.
- Stud dogs listed need to be 12 months or older. While bigger breeds may mature faster, often health complications don't show until later.
- Report suspicious activity to your local Garda Station & / or the Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine.
- Use our contract template www.dogs.ie/contract or another as a basis for a written contract.