Pedigree Golden Cocker Spaniel for Stud
Theo is a gentle, well tempered, friendly, playful and loyal dog. He is great with small children, loves to be worked with exercise and is an all round athletic dog. We have another golden cocker in our family home unrelated to Theo and he has never showed any aggression, possessiveness or dominance towards her (which is rare for a golden cocker). Overall he is a very calm, loving and gentle dog who would make some beautiful purebred cocker spaniel pups. He is also very intelligent and easily trained.
Theo comes from a litter of 5 other pups from Limerick, he gets regular checks up with the vet, is fully vaccinated and is in excellent health. Microchipped and getting IKC registered. If you need any more information I'd be happy to help.
Tips for contacting breeders
- Keep communication through our messaging system for as long as possible.
- Choose carefully what information you share about yourself.
- Ask for recent health check certificate from their vet, this should check for known issues with the breed & have details of vaccinations. The AKC has a comprehensive list of their health testing requirements per breed.
- Ask breeders about the vet who has taken care of the dog and contact the vet directly.
- Ask breeders to provide their ID (driver's licence / passport) and take note of their contact details.
- If you are new to breeding, please, please, read this article about breeding dogs.
- Stud dogs listed need to be 12 months or older. While bigger breeds may mature faster, often health complications don't show until later.
- Report suspicious activity to your local Garda Station & / or the Department of Agriculture, Food & Marine.
- Use our contract template www.dogs.ie/contract or another as a basis for a written contract.