Miniature smooth haired Dachshund puppies, IKC registered
We have a 2 female & 1 male miniature smooth haired Dachshund puppies available for pet homes only.
Both parents are black and tan with a lot of kaninchen in the pedigree
Dad - Pinedax magic spell again (kaninchen)
These puppies have been reared very carefully in our home, and are well socialised, they have started their crate training and litterbox training in their playpens.
Both parents are PRA clear and Dams side IVDD scored.
Puppies are Irish Kennel Club registered.
Vaccinated up to date and wormed regularly.
Happy socialised little guys ready to go home at 12 weeks.
All puppies leave with a puppy pack which includes their current food and full support of breeder aftercare advise.
We have a very active Instagram account where I post daily content and videos of our Dachshunds. Please message for an application form or any information.
Tips for contacting sellers
- Keep communication through our messaging system for as long as possible.
- Choose carefully what information you share about yourself in your messages. Do share info if you have a garden, young kids, or other suitable information to help the seller know you are a suitable buyer.
- Report suspicious activity to your local Garda Station and via the Report ad button.
- We recommend you print or save a copy of this page for your records in case the ad is updated / closed.
Tips for purchasing a puppy
- Ask sellers to provide an ID (driver's licence / passport) and take note of their contact details. You will also need to provide the same & a proof of address to transfer the microchip to your name.
- Note microchip IDs posted here (972274200485395, 972274200485394, 972274200485354) and check the microchip certificates (important) when you visit to make sure they match and the sellers details are on the certificate too (see example microchip certificates).
- Do not purchase a dog without seeing a microchip certificate. It is illegal to sell a dog without a microchip that's fully registered (info).
- Ask to see mother of puppies.
- Make sure the puppy is 8 weeks before taking ownership of the dog (closer to 10-12 weeks is even better).
- See puppies in their home environment.
- Do not purchase a dog from a seller in a car park or other business location.
- Consider buying a puppy starter pack of essential items .
- Ask sellers about the vet who has taken care of the dogs. Ask for the dog's vaccination certificate(s).
- Use our contract template www.dogs.ie/contract or another as a basis for a written contract & ask for a written receipt.
- It's best not to bring young kids to first meetings, to avoid disappointment in the case you decide not to buy a dog.
- This seller is a Registered Seller of Pets, ask to see their Registered Sellers ID from the Department of Agriculture.
You may also like
If you are reporting an ad, please use the "Report Ad" link on the individual ad page.
Microchip requirements for dogs in Ireland
Legally all dogs over the age of 12 weeks must be microchipped. All dogs advertised for sale also need to be microchipped and registered with one of the four approved Irish databases, Animark, Fido, IKC or Irish Coursing Club. Fines can be imposed for being in possession of a dog that is not microchipped.
You can click to see some public details of the dog microchip on the Europetnet website. Always ask to see the microchip cert when you view a dog and crosscheck the owners details.
Laws about microchipping are covered in the Microchippng of Dogs Regulations 2015 (S.I. No. 63 of 2015), section 3(2).
Registered Seller of Pets in Ireland
Any person selling or supplying six or more pet animals in a year is required to register with the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and the Marine (DAFM). These people must maintain certain records regarding pet animals kept for sale or supply and ensure the correct information is place in the ad, e.g. country of origin, microchip number, etc. Registration is free and easy to do by filling out and submitting a form.
More about this process can be seen www.gov.ie/registered-pet-sellers plus a list of current Registered Sellers can be seen. If you have any questions you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Department directly on 01 607 2862.
This is set out in the Animal Health and Welfare (Sale or Supply of Pet Regulations) Act of 2019.