This recipe sounds a little dodgy but believe me your pups will love you for it. In fact I use these when I am training my dogs for tricks and obedience. These beef liver dog treats can be made in bulk, then frozen and used when you want. I must admit I’ve sometimes given them to my dogs when they are 1/2 frozen and it helps them to cool down ! So here is my recipe for some dog treats.
Beef Liver Treats Ingredients
- 200g of beef liver
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of garlic powder or 2 – 4 cloves of real garlic minced.
Note : Garlic powder is better, and garlic salt is not a substitute !
How to make dog beef liver treats
- Boil the beef in a small pot and add in your garlic powder. Let it cook through
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celcius
- Put your cooked beef liver on a baking tray and put into the oven
- Bake for 1/2 hour or longer until the beef is dry
- Allow beef to cool fully before cutting into small strips.
To store these I put about 10 treats in a freezer bag and pop them into the freezer. They will stay good for at least 6 months, but I’ve found I’ve used my treats well before then !